您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 影视对话 >> 正文

成长的烦恼之迷途知返 So-called Love(2)

 

  Miss Stubbs: I think you'd better go to your next class.
  斯塔布斯小姐:我觉得你应该赶紧去上你的下一堂课了。

  (Jenny finds out that David has already been married. She decides to go back school but is refused by the principal. She has no one to turn to except Miss Stubbs.)
  (珍妮最终发现大卫是有妇之夫的事实,痛定思痛的她决定回到学校再参加一次考试,却遭到校长拒绝。无人可求的她再次找到了斯塔布斯小姐。)

  Miss Stubbs: Come in. I didn't expect to see you again.
  斯塔布斯小姐:进来吧。我没想过还会再见到你。

  Jenny: (looks around the room) This is lovely. All your books and pictures and...
  珍妮:(环顾斯塔布斯小姐的房间)这里很温馨。你的书,还有照片,还有……

  Miss Stubbs: Paperbacks and postcards, Jenny.
  斯塔布斯小姐:这些只是平装书和明信片而已,珍妮。

  Jenny: That's all you need, isn't it? Just somewhere to...I'm sorry I said those silly things. I didn't understand.
  珍妮:你想要的只是这些,是么?只是需要一个地方可以……我很抱歉说了那些蠢话,我当时不懂。

  Miss Stubbs: Let's forget about it.
  斯塔布斯小姐:让我们都忘了吧。

  Jenny: (looks at a picture) A Burne-Jones.
  珍妮:(看着一幅图画)这是伯恩·琼斯的画。

  Miss Stubbs: Do you like him?
  斯塔布斯小姐:你喜欢他吗?

  Jenny: I do. Still.
  珍妮:喜欢。我仍然喜欢。

  Miss Stubbs: Still? You sound very old and wise.
  斯塔布斯小姐:仍然?你听起来就是个睿智的老人。

  Jenny: I feel old, but not very wise. Miss Stubbs, I need your help.
  珍妮:我感觉我老了,却不够睿智。斯塔布斯小姐,我需要你的帮助。

  Miss Stubbs: I was so hoping that's what you were going to say.
  斯塔布斯小姐:我一直在等你说这句话。

  Smart Sentence

  ① I plough through illiterate essays by Sandra Lovell about her pony. 我从众多像桑德拉·拉威尔这些只会写小马驹之类毫无文韵可言的学生中挖掘出来的好学生。

  plough through: read through sth. with great effort(费劲地阅读,吃力地钻研)。例如:

  My professor often ploughs through The Dream of Red Mansion just to find a specific seasoning of a particular dish.

  我的教授常常会翻遍《红楼梦》,只为找到某一道菜的调味品。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部