您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 日积月累 >> 英语短文 >> 正文

爸爸,您的时薪是多少? Daddy, How Much Do You Make an Hour?

爸爸,您的时薪是多少? Daddy, How Much Do You Make an Hour?  With a timid[羞怯的] voice and idolizing[崇拜偶像] eyes, the little boy greeted his father as he returned from work, “Daddy, how much do you make an hour?”
  小男孩双眼充满崇拜,用羞怯的语气迎接刚刚下班回家的父亲:“爸爸,您一个小时挣多少钱?”

  Greatly surprised, but giving his boy a glaring[耀眼的] look, the father said, “Look, son, not even your mother knows that. Don't bother me now, I'm tired.”
  父亲非常惊讶,但他神气地看着儿子,说:“瞧,儿子,连你妈妈也不知道呢。别打扰我,我很累了。”

  “But Daddy, just tell me please! How much do you make an hour?” the boy insisted.
  “但是,爸爸,告诉我吧!您一个小时挣多少钱?”男孩坚持道。

  The father finally gave up and replied, “Twenty dollars per hour.”
  父亲最终屈服了,回答说:“每小时二十美元。”

  “Okay, Daddy. Could you loan me ten dollars?” the boy asked.
  “好的,爸爸。您能借我十美元吗?”男孩问道。

  Showing restlessness and positively disturbed, the father yelled—
  父亲很不耐烦,他明显被激怒了,大声吼道——

  “So that was the reason you asked how much I earn, right? Go to sleep and don't bother me anymore!”
  “这就是你问我一个小时挣多少钱的原因吗?快去睡觉,别再来烦我!”

  It was already dark and the father felt guilty as he meditated on what he had said. Maybe, he thought, his son wanted to buy something. So the father went to his son's room.
  天黑了,父亲思索着自己对儿子说的话,感到非常愧疚。也许儿子只是想买点什么,他心想。于是父亲来到了儿子的房间。

  “Are you asleep, son?” asked the father.
  “儿子,你睡着了吗?”父亲问。
 
  “No, Daddy. Why?” replied the boy, partially asleep.
  “还没呢,爸爸。怎么了?”男孩睡眼惺忪地回答。

  “Here's the money you asked for earlier,” the father said.
  “这是刚才你跟我借的钱,”父亲说。
 
  “Thanks, Daddy!” rejoiced the son, putting his hand under his pillow and pulling out some money.
  “谢谢您,爸爸!”男孩高兴极了,伸手从枕头下面掏出一些钱。

  “Now I have twenty dollars!” the boy said to his father, who was gazing at his son, confused at what his son just said. “Daddy, could you sell me one hour of your time?”
  “现在我有二十美元了!”男孩对父亲说,父亲看着儿子,对他的话感到迷惑不解。“爸爸,您能卖给我一小时您的时间吗?”

回到顶部