您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 口语会话 >> 正文

做个有车族:第一部——学车 Around the Block

  “有车族”三部曲之一——学车。回想当年学自行车的狼狈吧,要控制一辆汽车可比自行车难得多,尤其是,你还得顾着周围的人,而不单单是你自己。Randall在父亲的基础调教之后,随着专业的教练学习开车了。一开始,教练就和他约法三章。


发音:美式发音
语速:140词/分钟
使用方法:精听+角色扮演

  Randall: Well, I've had one week of driving lessons with you, Dad. Do you think I'm ready for a driving instructor now? ①I'm itching to get started.
  兰德尔:爸,我跟你学开车已经一个星期了。你觉得我现在可以去找驾驶教练了吗?我迫不及待了。

做个有车族:第一部——学车 Around the Block  Dad: Yes. I think I've shown you the basics. And there is not much more I can teach you. ②It's time for a professional to take the reigns.
  爸爸:可以了。我想我已经教会你基本的了,我能教的也就这么多了。是时候找个专业的教练了。

  Randall: Oh, great! I'm going to book a lesson right away.
  兰德尔:噢,太好了!我马上就去报名。

  (A few days later)   (几天后)

  Instructor: I understand you have had some practice already?
  教练:我听说你已经练习过开车了?

  Randall: Yep. My dad took me for a few drives in the industrial area behind our house. So, I kind of know how to operate the vehicle…but I don't have much experience in driving with other cars on the road.
  兰德尔:是的。我爸爸带我到我家后面的工业区练习了一阵。所以,我多少对如何开车有些了解……但是我没有到马路上与其他车一起驾驶的经验。

  Instructor: OK. ③Well, cars and roads are part and parcel of driving. So, until you get used to interacting with other drivers, you aren't going to be ready to take the test.
  教练:好的。嗯,车和路对于驾驶来说都是非常重要的。因此,只有当你习惯与其他司机在同一条路上并驾齐驱时,才能说你做好考驾照的准备了。

  Randall: Bring it on! I'm looking forward to it.
  兰德尔:来吧!我已经等不及了。

  Instructor: While I do appreciate the enthusiasm, please try to keep a level head. Driving must be taken very seriously. Each time you get on the road, there are hundreds of lives in your hands: other drivers, passengers, 1)pedestrians. ④You have to have your wits about you at all times.
  教练:我很欣赏你的热情,也请你一直保持住这种热情。我们必须得严肃对待驾驶。每次你开车上路,你手中就掌握了很多的生命:其他的司机、乘客,还有行人。你要随时保持警惕。

  Randall: You're right. I've never really thought about it like that. It's a huge responsibility.
  兰德尔:你说得对。我没好好考虑过。这是一个很大的责任。

  Instructor: ⑤All too often I see youngsters like you dying to get behind the wheel and then, a few weeks later, dying behind the wheel. The first thing I get all my students to do is take an 2)oath.
  教练:我见过很多像你这样迫不及待要开车上路的年轻人,几星期后,差点死在方向盘前。我要求我的学生首先要做的就是发誓。

  Randall: What type of oath?
  兰德尔:发什么誓?

  Instructor: A promise to always drive responsibly and think about all the other people on the road.
  教练:承诺开车的时候要一直保持责任感,并且考虑路上其他的人。

  Randall: I promise to always drive responsibly and think about all the other people on the road.
  兰德尔:我承诺开车的时候会一直保持责任感,并且考虑路上其他的人。

  Instructor: Fantastic. OK. Start the 3)ignition. (The car starts.) Now, take a deep breath and release the 4)clutch.
  教练:好极了。那么,点火吧。(车开动了。)现在,深呼吸然后放开离合器。

  Randall: We are moving. Let's hope I don't stall the engine.
  兰德尔:我们在动了。希望我们不会熄火。

  Instructor: Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first.
  教练:别担心,之前很多人都那样。

  Smart Sentences

  ① I'm itching to get started. 我迫不及待了。

  itching to do sth.: very eager or impatient to do sth.(迫不及待地要做某事)。例如:

  Ted was itching to try out the new motorcycle.
  泰德迫不及待地想试试那辆新摩托。

  ② It's time for a professional to take the reigns. 是时候找个专业的教练了。

  take the reigns: take control or take charge of sth.(掌控,掌权)。例如:

  Once Todd took the reigns, he fired half of the sales team in the company.
  陶德一上台,就把销售部门的人炒了一半。

  ③ Well, cars and roads are part and parcel of driving. 嗯,车和路对于驾驶来说都是非常重要的。

  part and parcel: used to emphasize what's mentioned is included in sth. (主要部分,必要部分)。例如:

  Speaking, listening, writing, and reading are part and parcel of learning a language.
  学习一门语言包含说、听、写和读。

  ④ You have to have your wits about you at all times. 你要随时保持警惕。

  have sb.'s wits about sb.: being alert and ready to act about sth.(警觉,保持头脑清醒)。例如:

  Any hiker should have his wits about him when walking on this hiking trail.
  任何一个远足者在这条登山小路上都应该保持警惕。

  ⑤ All too often I see youngsters like you dying to get behind the wheel. 我见过很多像你这样迫不及待要开车上路的年轻人。

  all too often: very frequently(很多时候)。例如:

  All too often, my mother would cook way more than what we could eat.
  我妈妈很多时候煮的东西比我们能吃的多得多。

回到顶部