您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 职场无忧 >> 正文

如何争取自己最大的权益?Hammering out the Details(2)

 

  Kate: So this might be a problem.
  凯特:这可能是个问题。

  Owen: What I'd like to suggest is that I be given priority for any trips to Beijing. That way I can see my family while on assignment, and no one has to worry about working around holiday time.
  欧文:我想提议能优先给我安排任何去北京的工作机会。这样的话我就可以在工作之余去看看我的家人,大家也不用担心在假期工作的问题了。

  Kate: ④Well that really cuts the Gordian knot!
  凯特:这样的话可真的解决了一个大难题了!

  Owen: I can't take all the credit; Cam is the one who originally suggested it.
  欧文:我可不拿这份功劳,是凯姆最早这样提议的。

  Kate: ⑤And you give credit where credit is due; I think you're going to be a fine addition to the team.
  凯特:该是谁的功劳就应该是谁的功劳,我想你加入这个团队会不错的。

  Owen: Sorry, one more thing: the salary.
  欧文:对不起,还有一样:薪酬。

  Kate: Oh, of course, I forgot! You mentioned before that you'd be willing to accept 5000 RMB per month, but after speaking with my superiors, we've decided to offer you 6000 RMB, with health insurance and travel expenses on top—the whole 2)shebang.
  凯特:哦,当然了,我忘了!你之前提到你愿意接受每月5000元,但在与我的上司们商量过后,我们决定给你每月6000元,外加健康保险和旅行报销——全部加在一起。

  Owen: Wow, that's fantastic! I definitely accept.
  欧文:哇,太好了!我绝对接受。

  Kate: You seem so sure of what you want, and we could really use that kind of confidence here. So, welcome to the team.
  凯特:你看起来很清楚自己想要的是什么,这种自信正是我们这里需要的。好,欢迎你加入。

  Owen: Thanks, I can't wait to begin.
  欧文:谢谢,我等不及要开始工作了。

  Smart Sentences

  ① The pleasure is mine.也是我的荣幸。

  the pleasure is mine: used to express humbleness when others express their gratitude(荣幸之至)。例如:

  —Thank you very much for everything. You’ve been so helpful.

  非常感谢你做的一切,你真的帮了不少忙。

  —The pleasure is all mine. Just let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you.

  荣幸之至。如果还有其他地方我可以效劳的话,请告诉我。

  ② I didn’t want to miss the boat.我不想错失良机。

  miss the boat: miss an opportunity and may not get another(错失良机)。例如:

  That internship at Microsoft sounds like a great one. Be sure you don’t miss the boat.

  微软的那个实习机会听起来不错,你可别错失良机啊。

  ③ My little sister and I get on like a house on fire.我和我妹妹感情很好。

  get on like a house on fire: two people get along very well(两人关系非常密切)。例如:

  My roommate and I get on like a house on fire and have been very close since our freshman year in college.

  我和室友关系非常好,从大一至今,我俩一直很要好。

  ④ Well that really cuts the Gordian knot! 这样的话可真的解决了一个大难题了!

  Gordian knot: very difficult and complicated problem(难办的事,复杂的问题)。例如:

  Solving the current economic crisis without lowering the standard of living is like a Gordian knot.

  要解决当前的经济危机,又不降低生活水平是一件非常难的事。

  ⑤ And you give credit where credit is due. 该是谁的功劳就应该是谁的功劳。

  give credit where credit is due: praise sb. for sth. that they have done, acknowledge sb.’s contribution(该是谁的功劳就应该是谁的功劳;承认别人的功劳)。例如:

  It was my little sister who found the fatal error. Let’s give credit where credit is due.

  是我妹发现了这个致命的错误。该是谁的功劳就应该是谁的功劳。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部