您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 影视对话 >> 正文

成长的烦恼之未婚先孕 An Unexpected Child(2)

  Mac: Damn skippy, you're not! You don't even remember to give Liberty Bell her breathing meds.
  麦克:笑话!你当然没有。你甚至都忘了喂莉伯蒂·贝尔(朱诺同父异母的妹妹)吃哮喘药。

  Juno: That was once! And she did not die, if you recall!
  朱诺:就一次!而且你如果想得起来的话,她并没有因此死掉!

  Brenda: Honey, had you considered, you know, the alternative?
  布伦达:宝贝,你有没有考虑过,你知道,其他的选择?

  Juno: No.
  朱诺:没有。

  Brenda: Well, you're a little Viking! ④First things first, all right? We have to get you healthy. You need 3)prenatal vitamins. Incidentally, they do incredible things for your nails, so that's a plus. Oh, and we need to schedule a doctor's appointment. Figure out where you're going to deliver.
  布伦达:哦,你真有胆量!好吧,首先,我们要让你更健康。你需要吃孕妇维他命,而且它对你的指甲也很有好处,这算是个附加的优惠。我还得约一个医生,并决定你将在哪里生产。

  Mac: Juno, I'm coming with you to meet this adoption couple. You're just a kid. ⑤I don't want you to get ripped off by a couple of babystarved 4)wingnuts.
  麦克:朱诺,我会和你一起去见那对准备收养孩子的夫妇。你还是一个小孩,我不想你被那对渴望宝宝的疯子给蒙骗了。

  Juno: Thanks, Dad.
  朱诺:谢谢,老爸。

  Mac: ⑥I thought you were the kind of girl who knew when to say when.
  麦克:我以前一直以为你是个懂得自律的女孩。

  Juno: I don't really know what kind of girl I am.
  朱诺:我也不知道我是个什么样的女孩。


  Smart Sentences

  ① I’m not really sure how I’m gonna spit this out. 我不知道该怎么启齿。

  spit sth. out: overcome reluctance to say sth.(爽快地说出原来不愿意说的事)。例如:

  Tonight, I’m going to spit this out and get it over with.

  今晚,我会把一切都痛痛快快地说出来,把这事儿了了。

  ② It has fingernails, allegedly. 据说它已经长指甲了。

  …allegedly: used to express that the statement has not been proven true(用以表达前面的话还没有得到证实)。例如:

  They all got drunk last night, allegedly.

  据说,他们昨晚都喝醉了。

  ③ I didn’t think he had it in him! 我没看出他还有这个能耐!

  have it in sb.: sb. has abilities and skills(有本领)。例如:

  He has it in him to succeed.

  他有本事能成功。

  ④ first things first首先

  first things first: sth. should be done or dealt with before anything else because it is the most important(重要的事情先来)。例如:

  First things first, let’s get the food ready before they come.

  重要的事要先做,我们在他们到达之前先把吃的准备好。

  ⑤ I don’t want you to get ripped off by a couple of babystarved wingnuts. 我不想你被那对渴望宝宝的疯子给蒙骗了。

  rip off: exploit, cheat, or defraud sb.(剥削、诈取、欺骗、诈骗他人)。例如:

  That is the false commercial that ripped off a great many consumers.

  正是这个广告欺骗了一大批消费者。

  ⑥ I thought you were the kind of girl who knew when to say when. 我以前一直以为你是个懂得自律的女孩。

  know when to say when: know when to say stop(知道什么时候该停)。例如:

  The online social networking is so confusing and I don’t know when to say when anymore.

  网上社交网太乱了,我都不知道该在什么时候退出了。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部