您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 影视对话 >> 正文

成长的烦恼之扼杀梦想 When Dreams Meet Reality(2)

  Mr. Keating: Then you're acting for him, too. You're playing the part of the dutiful son. And I know this sounds impossible, but you have to talk to him. You have to show him who you are, what your heart is.
  基廷先生:那么你也在对他演戏。你在扮演一个孝顺儿子的角色。我知道这件事听起来好像不可能,但你必须和他谈谈,必须让他看清楚你是谁,你的心在想什么。

  Neil: I know what he'll say. He'll tell me that acting's a 4)whim and I should forget it. ③They're counting on me. He'll just tell me to put it out of my mind for my own good.
  尼尔:我知道他会说什么。他会跟我说演戏是我一时心血来潮,我应该趁早放弃。他们对我满怀期望。他会告诉我为了我自己,我也别再想这件事了。

  Mr. Keating: You are not an 5)indentured servant. It's not a whim for you. You prove it to him by your conviction and your passion. You show him that, and if he still doesn't believe you…Well, by then, you'll be out of school, and you can do anything you want.
  基廷先生:你不是一个受契约束缚的奴隶。那也不是你一时心血来潮。你要用你的坚定和热情证明给他看,让他知道这一点。如果他仍然不相信你……那么,等你离开学校后,你可以做自己想做的事。

  Neil: No. What about the play? The show's tomorrow night.
  尼尔:不。那出戏怎么办?明晚就要演出了。

  Mr. Keating: Then you have to talk to him before tomorrow night.
  基廷先生:那你必须在明晚之前找他谈。

  Neil: I…isn't there an easier way?
  尼尔:我……没有比较容易的办法吗?

  Mr. Keating: No.
  基廷先生:没有。

  Neil: I'm trapped.
  尼尔:我被困住了。

  Mr. Keating: No, you're not.
  基廷先生:你没有。



  Smart Sentences

  ① Don't you dare talk back to me. 不准你顶嘴。

  don't you dare: tell sb. not to do sth. and let sb. know you are angry about it(你竟敢……)。例如:

  Don't you dare talk to Grandma like that.

  你竟敢这样跟奶奶说话?

  ② You are through with that play! 你跟这出戏剧没什么关系了!

  be through with sth.: have finished doing sth. and will never do it again(从此与某事没有关系)。例如:

  I'm through with explaining; you can take the class if you think you will manage it.

  我不想再解释了,如果你觉得你能够应付你就修那门课吧。

  ③ They're counting on me. 他们对我满怀期望。

  count on sb.: rely on sb. for support or help(指望某人)。例如:

  You are counting on me? I barely know anything about the subject.

  你打算指望我?我对这门课几乎一无所知。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部