您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 影视对话 >> 正文

Be Careful Who You Trust 选自电影《口是心非》(2)

② I left a trail back there a mile wide. 我在那儿破绽百出。
leave a trail: leave marks or signs of what sb. has done(某人做事留下的痕迹)。例如:
Mr. McDonald was here working overtime on Sunday. Just look at the trail he left.
麦当劳先生星期天来加班了,看看他留下的痕迹。
③ Don’t you dare! 你敢!
don’t you dare: used as a warning to others not to do sth. and to express that you are angry about it(用以警告他人不要做某事;自己很生气)。例如:
—I’m going to drive your car to the movie tonight.
我今晚开你的车去看电影。
—Don’t you dare!
你敢!
④ Stow it, Ray! 歇歇吧,雷!
stow it: stop doing sth., usu. used to order sb.(停止做某事,常用以命令他人)。例如:
Stow it, guys. More work and less talk.
别说啦,多做事,少说话。
⑤ Forget it. 算了吧。
forget it: used to tell sb. not to bother or worry about sth.(算了吧)。例如:
—Sorry, honey, I don’t think I have Coke. Do you want some tea?
对不起,亲爱的,我没有可乐,你想喝茶吗?
—Forget it. I’ll just have water.
算了,我喝水就可以了。
⑥ I’m done here. 我该做的都做了。
I’m done here.: used to indicate one’s business is finished(用以表明自己的事情已经完成)。例如:
I’m done here. I’m going home.
我的事完了,我要回家了。
⑦ This is the thanks I get. 结果得到的就是这些。
this is the thanks I get: used to express dissatisfaction for someone’s ingratitude(用以表达对他人无感激之情的不满)。例如:
I spent two months helping you with your study and you passed the exam. A “thank you” is the thanks I get.
我花了了两个月的时间帮你复习,你通过了考试。你就说了句“谢谢”了事。

上一页  [1] [2] 

打印全文】【回到顶部】【收藏本页