您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 口语会话 >> 正文

公交车厢一团糟 Bus Full of Troubles(2)

  Smart Sentences
  
  ① Well, look what the cat dragged in!看看,真是搞得太狼狈了!
  look what the cat dragged in: an implication that someone is looking exhausted, dishevelled, and in a very bad shape(形容一个人满身污渍,精疲力竭,狼狈不堪的样子)。例如:
  After getting drunk and sleeping in his clothes on a park bench last night, Tom arrived at the office looking like something the cat dragged in.
  汤姆昨天晚上喝醉了,穿着衣服在公园的长凳上睡了一夜,去办公室上班的时候身上脏兮兮的,相当狼狈。
  
  ② I take it you're feeling better than last week then. 我想您比上个星期感觉好多了。
  I take it…: used to check with sb. that what you believe is true(用以与他人确认你的想法与事实相符)。例如:
  I take it you didn't see Inception?
  我想你没有看《盗梦空间》吧?
  
  ③ You look an absolute state. 您看上去状态很差。
  look an absolute state: in a terrible condition, look terrible(看上去很糟糕)。例如:
  Where did you go? You look an absolute state.
  你去哪儿了?你看上去糟透了。
  
  ④ The bus is always two jumps ahead of me. 公车总是抢先一步开走了。
  two jumps ahead of sb.: a good way ahead of sb. (抢先一步、抢占某人的上风)。例如:
  I was just starting to think of vacation plans, not realizing that my wife was two jumps ahead of me. She had already made hotel reservations.
  我才开始计划度假的事情,没想到我妻子早已抢先一步,旅馆都预订好了。
  
  ⑤ I think you're stretching the truth a little bit there. 我觉得您有点夸大事实了。
  stretch the truth: to exaggerate(夸张,夸大事实)。例如:
  Alice tends to stretch the truth when telling tales about her wild teenage years.
  爱莉丝在讲述自己疯狂的童年时,多半会夸大事实。
  
  ⑥ I'll chip in for gas money. 汽油钱我凑一份。
  chip in: to contribute a small amount of money to a fund that will be used to buy sth.(共同出钱,凑份子)。例如:
  Could you chip in a dollar for the gift, please?
  请你出一块钱凑份买礼物吧。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部