您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 口语会话 >> 正文

学生会竞选阵营:前期准备 The Campaigners(2)

  Smart Sentences

  ① Let's get moving! 赶快行动吧!

  get moving: take action, hurry(行动起来)。例如:

  Time is running out. Let's get moving.

  时间不多了,赶快行动吧。

  ② I will get Naomi Bartlett elected president come hell or high water.我要克服一切困难,让内奥米·巴特利特当选主席。

  come hell or high water: determined to do sth. in spite of the difficulties involved(克服任何困难)。例如:
  My father's always managed to get to work on time come hell or high water.

  我父亲总能克服一切困难,按时上班。

  ③ How's the slogan coming? 竞选口号(的工作)进展如何?

  how is sth. coming: expression used to inquire about the progress of sth.(询问某事进展的用语)。例如:

  How's the project coming?

  项目进展如何?

  ④ Keep your shirt on.别着急。

  keep your shirt on: used to tell someone to calm down(放心,别着急)。例如:

  Keep your shirt on, Dad. We still have plenty of time.

  老爸,别着急,我们还有大把时间。

  ⑤ Let me catch my second wind.让我喘喘气恢复精力。

  second wind: renewed ability to continue in an effort(恢复精力或力量)。例如:

  After a short nap, they seem to have gotten their second wind and are making good progress.

  在小睡之后,他们似乎恢复了精力,现在进度不错。

  ⑥ Tina's sworn up and down that you'll have it in an hour.蒂娜已经信誓旦旦地说一个小时之内会给你的。

  swear up and down: say as strongly as possible, used for emphasizing that sth. is true(发誓,信誓旦旦,用以强调某事的真实性)。例如:

  He swore up and down that he didn't know the guy at all.

  他发誓他根本不认识那个人。

  ⑦ Good point, thanks for the heads up.有道理,多谢你的提醒。

  heads up: a warning about a potential source of danger(危险警告)。例如:

  I have already given him the heads up on the typhoon.

  我已经警告他要小心台风。

  ⑧ I'm right here under your nose.我就在你眼前呢。

  under sb.'s nose: in plain view(近在眼前)。例如:

  The keys are right under your nose.

  钥匙就你在眼前。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部