您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 口语会话 >> 正文

问题少女改造记(上) What Happened When the Teacher Moved In(2)

  Once out of the car, Loretta gives her teacher the slip and makes her own way to school. But she can't escape Miss Dudley for long. At 11:30 she's in her technology class.
  下了车后,洛蕾塔就避开老师,独自走进学校。不过,她躲不了达德利老师多久。11点半的时候,她就要上达德利老师的科技课。

  Miss Dudley: OK, what happened this morning? 'Cause I didn't think it was very polite that you just had walked off. I just need you to explain what the difference is getting out where you got out the car and where I got out the car.
  达德利老师:好了,今早是怎么回事?因为我觉得你这么走掉了不是太礼貌。我要你解释一下我下车的地方和你下车的地方有什么分别。

  Loretta: 'Cause it's embarrassin'.
  洛蕾塔:因为太尴尬了。

  Miss Dudley: What, getting out of the car with me, gettin' out the car being dropped off?
  达德利老师:什么,和我一起下车?还是说被开车送来学校?

  Loretta: Yeah, gettin' out the car with you.
  洛蕾塔:对,和你一起下车。

  Miss Dudley: OK, I need you to meet me here, please, at quarter past three, 'cause I'm gonna drive you home today.
  达德利老师:好吧,请你在3点15分的时候到这里来找我,因为今天我要把你送回家。

  But 3:15 comes and goes and there's no sign of Loretta. After waiting another half hour, Miss Dudley gives up and heads back to Loretta's house.
  但3点15分过了,洛蕾塔还是没有出现。达德利老师再等了半个小时后就放弃了,她直接去到洛蕾塔的家。

  Miss Dudley: (To Loretta's mom) Do you know where Loretta is?
  达德利老师:(对洛蕾塔的妈妈说)你知道洛蕾塔在哪儿吗?

  Mother: At her Dad's.
  妈妈:在她爸家。

  Miss Dudley: OK.
  达德利老师:好的。

  Mother: She's decided she doesn't want to come home. She wants to do what she normally does. You can't force her to do something she doesn't want to do.
  妈妈:她决定了不想回家。她想做平常做的事情。你强迫不了她做她不想做的事情。

  Miss Dudley drives straight to Dad's house. She's determined to get Loretta back home and get her new rules in place.
  达德利老师直接驾车到洛蕾塔的爸爸家。她决心要把洛蕾塔带回家,并且将她的新规矩好好落实。

  Miss Dudley: Do you know why you didn't come to see me?
  达德利老师:你没有来找我是什么原因?

  Loretta: I forgot.
  洛蕾塔:我忘了。

  Miss Dudley: Did you?
  达德利老师:真的吗?

  Loretta: Yeah.
  洛蕾塔:是的。

  Miss Dudley: And so your mom's at home now and she's really upset. She feels like she's lost control with you.
  达德利老师:现在你妈妈在家里很担心。她觉得自己管不住你了。

  Loretta: No she hasn't. She's only doing that to make me look bad like she does most things.
  洛蕾塔:她才不会呢。她那样只是想让我难堪,她大多数时候都这样。

  Miss Dudley: Why would she want you to look bad, Loretta?
  达德利老师:为什么她想让你难堪呢,洛蕾塔?

  Loretta: Dunno. She always does it. She makes things sound worse than they are, and then she says stuff that isn't true, and if it is true, she twists it. And she's stressed and she blames it all on me.
  洛蕾塔:不清楚。她老是这么做的。她把事情往糟糕里说,然后说些不真实的事,遇上真的事,她又把它歪曲。但是她压力很大,然后就把所有问题都往我身上推。

  Miss Dudley: Has she said that, or is that just how you feel?
  达德利老师:她这么说过?还是你这么觉得?

  Loretta: No, the way she says it, she's blaming it all on me.
  洛蕾塔:她没说,是她说话的方式,就是把所有问题都往我身上推。

  Miss Dudley: How long have you felt like that?
  达德利老师:你有这种感觉多久了?

  Loretta: Since Mom and Dad have 8)split up.
  洛蕾塔:从妈妈和爸爸离婚后开始。

  Miss Dudley: So about two years. So you're sad.
  达德利老师:也就是差不多两年了。所以你很不开心。

  Loretta: Yes.
  洛蕾塔:是的。

  Before Loretta's parents separated, there were no signs of any problems: a well-behaved and9)promising pupil at primary school.
  洛蕾塔的父母分开之前,洛蕾塔一点问题都没有:在小学里,她是个表现良好、非常有前途的学生。

  Mother: The real Loretta is loving, caring, thoughtful; that's the one I want. I want her back.
  妈妈:真实的洛蕾塔是个可爱、有同情心、有想法的孩子——那才是我想要的洛蕾塔。我想她变回原来的样子。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部