您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 口语会话 >> 正文

新学期:虎父无犬子 Like Father, Like Son

  想必每个人在学生时代都有过崇拜的老师吧。其实老师的工作也不是那么轻松的,除了要准备教案上好每一节课之外,还必须关心学生们的学习近况和生活情况。若有一天你也成为一名老师,发现当年崇拜的老师的孩子现在成为了你的学生,你也会有Kevan和Jules的感慨吗?


发音:美式发音
语速:160词/分钟
使用方法:精听+角色扮演

  Kevan: Hey Jules, just on your break?
  凯万:嘿 ,朱尔斯,在休息吗?

  Jules: Not really. I've got about five seconds before my next class starts to be filled with a bunch of kids who are 1)wet behind the ears and filled with more energy than a 2)power plant. ①I feel like a chicken with my head cut off.
  朱尔斯:不是呢。下节课开始前我还有五秒钟时间,我要面对一群初出茅庐的孩子,所以我得精神百倍。我觉得有点手足无措。

新学期:虎父无犬子 Like Father, Like Son  Kevan: First week is always a killer. New students, new syllabi, new books—new everything.
  凯万:第一个星期总是这么糟糕的了。新学生,新教案,新课本——全新的一切。

  Jules: Have you met any of your new students yet?
  朱尔斯:你见了新学生了吗?

  Kevan: Yeah, and you'll never guess who appeared before me in the chem lab.
  凯万:是的,你不会猜到我在化学试验室碰到了谁。

  Jules: Who?
  朱尔斯:谁啊?

  Kevan: Do you remember our astronomy prof in third year? ②That guy who could run circles around the rest of the faculty?
  凯万:你记得我们大三的天文学教授吗?那个可以说全校最聪明的老师?

  Jules: Are you talking about Daniel Butler?
  朱尔斯:你说的是丹尼尔·巴特勒吗?

  Kevan: That's the one.
  凯万:正是他。

  Jules: What about him?
  朱尔斯:他怎么样了?

  Kevan: No word of a lie, his son, Jesse Butler, is taking my chemistry lab.
  凯万:实话说吧,他儿子,杰西·巴特勒,在我的化学试验室上课。

  Jules: You're pulling my leg.
  朱尔斯:你在和我开玩笑吧。

  Kevan: May the gods strike me down if I'm telling a lie.
  凯万:如果我说谎的话,就让上天惩罚我吧。

  Jules: That's unbelievable! Who would have ever thought that one day you'd end up with Dan Butler's child in your class? What's the kid like?
  朱尔斯:真是难以置信!谁会想到有天丹·巴特勒的儿子会是你的学生?这孩子怎么样?

  Kevan: ③Smart as a whip, of course.
  凯万:当然非常聪明。

  Jules: He'd have to be with a dad like Dan.
  朱尔斯:他会成为像他的父亲丹一样的人的。

  Kevan: The only problem is that he's lazy as hell. His lab partner did practically all the work.
  凯万:唯一的问题就是,他很懒。他的实验搭档替他做了所有的功课。

  Jules: Who is he?
  朱尔斯:他是谁啊?

  Kevan: She. Sweet girl named Juanita something. ④I hope she doesn't end up carrying his weight for him.
  凯万:应该是她。一个叫做胡安妮塔什么的可爱女孩。我希望她不会一直替他做功课。

  Jules: ⑤Well why don't you just wait and see which way the cat jumps on this one. You never know, she may end up being a good influence on him.
  朱尔斯:为何你不等等,观望一下事态进展呢?谁知道呢,说不定她会对他产生非常好的影响的。

  Kevan: I hope you're right. Anyway, I better run—gotta finish prepping my course outlines.
  凯万:我希望你说的是对的。无论如何,我得走了——去准备我的教案。

  Jules: You and me both. Catch you for dinner later?
  朱尔斯:我们都一样。晚点一起吃饭?

  Kevan: ⑥You're on.
  凯万:就这么定了。

 

[1] [2] 下一页

回到顶部