2007年6月：Should one expect a reward when doing a good deed
Lei Feng, a communist soldier, who "devoted his limited life to the limitless cause of serving the people", has long been set as an outstanding example to encourage us to spare no efforts to help those in need, whereas, with the passage of time, people voice different opinions towards doing good deeds.
Some insists "A good turn deserves another", as the old saying goes, which indicates that a good deed ought to bring about a reward, the motivation or the stimulus for the favor. Meanwhile, others believe good deeds belong to voluntary work, purely out of willingness, which has nothing to do with expectation for rewards.
As to me, good deeds are supposed to result from spontaneous reaction confronted with certain circumstances, ranging from giving up one seat to a silver-haired passenger aboard the bus, donating blood to the designated organization by Red Cross to traveling to the remote and poverty-stricken areas to serve as a volunteer for a whole year. In short, rewards are by no means the trigger or purpose for intention of conducting good deeds, no matter how trivial or stunning they are.
Writing is somewhere between cheating and creating.
Write → Cheat
Clumsy Cheating → Author
Brilliant Cheating → Writer
三 1. 认真审题；分类处理
Increased College Enrollment
enrollment expansion；admitting more students into universities
Recent years has witnessed a steady increase in college enrollment.
High-school students welcome the practice, for they would have better chance of receiving higher education.
With a growing number of students enrolled, a tough issue most universities face is inadequate teaching staff and facilities.
However, one can never equate a college degree with a better job or future.
In recent years, there is a steady increase in college enrollment. To many high-school students, it's definitely good news， for they would have better chance of receiving higher education.
You don't have to look very far to find out the advantages of the increased college enrollment. For one thing, it lessens the worries of both high school graduates and their parents. Besides，increased college enrollment can contribute to raise the educational level of our nation. What's more, increased college enrollment can provide more students with specialized knowledge, thus serving our development in a positive way.
On the other hand, we can not deny that there are some potential problems about increased college enrollment. To begin with, with the increased number of students, the shortage of teaching staff and facilities becomes clearly seen. Worst of all, increased college enrollment leads to increased competition in the job market.
It's not an easy task to tell whether the tendency should be encouraged. As to me, it's laudable to grant more students higher education. But a college degree is by no means a guarantee for a better job or future. To cast a promising career, we need a lot more abilities which we can not learn from college.
例如：I was once spending the summer holiday in a small seaside village in the South of China. It was a beautiful and quiet place. People do not usually go there.
例如：Once upon a time, there was an old honest man named Hans. ... He lived in a tiny cottage all alone, and every day he worked in his garden. ... ...
(4) 问题法：用提问的方式来引出文章的内容，以引起读者的注意力。例如： What is the nature of the scientific attitude? What is the harmfulness of fake commodities?
(5) 惊语法：用令人感到惊奇的句子开头，激起读者的兴趣。例如：A 39-story building in construction collapsed in the city yesterday.
(6) 故事法：以讲故事的形式作为文章的开头，在此基础上展开文章。多用语记叙文，也可用语议论文。例如在"A Day to Remember", "The Man I Respected Most"这样的文章中就可以用这样的方法开头。
(7) 数据法：引用已经被证实的数字来引起话题。例如， "Smoking"一文可以这样开头：It is reported that 1.5 billion people in the world smoke.
(8) 引语法：引用名人名言或常见习语、谚语等作为文章的开头。例如：Rome was not built in a day. A little learning is a dangerous thing. Every coin has two sides. A friend in need is a friend indeed. etc.
(9) 定义法：常见于对标题下定义，然后通过举例、逻辑推理等方法加以详细说明。例如： A true good student is one who possesses good morality, sound health, perfect knowledge and various abilities.
(1) 演绎法：(deductive organization)
(2) 归纳法：(inductive organization)
(1) 简要评价或作结论：文章的最后几句概括全文内容，并进一步肯定文章的中心思想或作者的观点。例如：In short, we can say that science to human being is like food to our bodies. Science frees us from the bandage of Nature. Science itself is innocent, but sometimes man has misused it.
(2) 重复主题句： 回到文章的中心思想或主题句上，达到再次肯定或强调的效果。
(3) 用反问句结尾：虽然形式是疑问句，但意义是肯定的，具有很明显的强调作用，能引起读者的思考。例如：If there were no homework on weekends, students would come to school on Monday well refreshed and willing to work. Isn't that both beneficial to students and teachers?
(4) 提出展望或希望：对未来提出展望或希望，号召读者为此而行动。例如：Dear fellows, let's unite as one to fight for the prosperity of our motherland. Let's shoulder our responsibilities and fight for the happiness of the whole world.
(5) 引用名人名言、谚语、常用习语结尾。例如： "Early to bed and early to rise makesa person healthy, wealthy and wise."
1. It is indisputable that(无可争辩)there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.
2 No one can deny the fact (没有人能否认)that a person's education is the most important aspect of his life.
3. In fact, we have to admit the fact (我们必须承认)that the quality of life is as important as life itself.
4. This view is now being questioned by more and more people. (正受到越来越多人的质疑)
5. The problem of international tourism has caused wide public concern over the recent years. (近些年引起了广泛关注)
6. Despite many obvious advantages of bicycle, it is not without its problem. (但是它也存在它的问题)
7. There is a general debate on the campus today(校园里进行着广泛的争论)over the phenomenon of college or high school students' doing a part-time job.
8. According to a recent survey, a growing number of people express a strong desire (根据最近的一项调查，越来越多的人表达了一种强烈愿望)to take another job or spend more time on their job in order to get more money to support their family.
9. There is a growing tendency (呈增长的势头)for parents to ask their children to accept extra educational programs over the recent years.
10. Although rural emigrants contribute greatly to the economic growth of the cities, they may inevitably bring about many negative impacts. (然而他们也不可避免的带来了一些负面影响)
11. These days, people in growing numbers are beginning to complain that work is more stressful and less leisurely than in past. Many experts point out that, along with the development of modern society, it is an inevitable result and there is no way to avoid it. (这是现代社会发展必然的结果，无法避免)
12. In conclusion, we must take into account this problem rationally(我们应理智考虑这一问题)and place more emphases on peasants' lives. Any government that is blind to this point will pay a heavy price. (任何政府忽视这一点都将付出巨大的代价)
13. Many people seem to overlook the basic fact(许多人似乎忽视了这个基本事实) the major function of clothing is to keep us warm and comfortable.
14. "The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them." Such is the remark made by Bernard Shaw, a great writer. / One of the great early writers wrote that: (著名作家萧伯纳曾说过) This view has been shared now by more and more people.
15. As for me, I'm in favor of the opinion(我同意这一观点)that education is not complete with graduation, for the following reasons: (理由如下)
16. Although people's lives have been dramatically changed over the last decades, it must be admitted that, (但必须承认)shortage of funds is still one of the biggest questions that students nowadays have to face(学生们面临的最大问题之一) because that tuition fees and prices of books are soaring by the day.
17. In view of such serious situation(考虑到这些严重的状况), environmental tools of transportation like bicycle are more important than any time before.
18. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion(通过以上讨论，我们可以得出结论)that advantages of bicycle far outweigh its disadvantages(远大于缺点) and it will still play essential roles in modern society.
19. From what has been discussed above, I am fully convinced(通过以上讨论，我完全相信)that the leisure life-style is undergoing a decline with the progress of modern society, it is not necessary a bad thing.
20. Although extra studies indeed enjoy many obvious advantages, its disadvantages shouldn't be ignored and far outweigh its advantages. (尽管额外学习的确有很多优点，但它的缺点不可忽视，且远大于它的优点)It is absurd to force children to take extra studies after school.