您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 口语会话 >> 正文

改变命运 A Crime in Time —选自电影《时空线索》

  故事梗概:美国独立日当天的新奥尔良港口一派节日欢乐喜庆的气氛,可谁知危机一触即发,一艘满载游客的游艇顷刻之间发生爆炸。ATF探员卡林·道格(丹泽尔·华盛顿饰)着手调查,他依靠敏锐的直觉发现这起恐怖事件与另一桩凶杀案之间有着千丝万缕的联系。在新建的特别调查小组,卡林获准使用秘密设备“时间之窗”,可以扭转时间,查看过去任何想查看的地方。当看到自己的搭档遭遇危险,卡林通过“时间之窗”给搭档发出提示,但由于操作失误,卡林眼睁睁地看着自己的搭档惨遭杀害。怀着深深的自责,卡林不顾所有人反对,毅然决定冒着危险亲自回到过去拯救另一名受害者克莱尔·库切芙。
  
  Jack: (To Paul) What am I supposed to do? ( To Carlin) ①We’re shutting you down.
  杰克:(对保罗说)我该怎么做?(对卡林说)我们不需要你了。
  Carlin: What?
  卡林:什么?
  Jack: Yeah, we got what we need. The 1)forensics, the suspect, a 2)confession. We’re done.
  杰克:我们得到想要的了。辩论,嫌疑犯,认罪,结束了。
  Paul: Sir, perhaps we should continue and watch the actual crime. The ferry bombing.
  保罗:先生,也许我们应该接着看看真正的罪行。渡轮爆炸案。
  Carlin: Right. He’s right. I mean, we…we can’t just go on the confession alone. ②We need an air tight case. We need to collect more evidence.
  卡林:没错。他说的没错。我的意思是,我们……我们不能孤立地看认罪这件事。我们要更严谨地看待这个案子,要收集更多的证据。
  Jack: Well, collecting evidence would’ve been fine, Agent Carly. ③You took it a little further than that.
  杰克:嗯,收集证据本来是很好的,卡利探员。但你做得有点过头了。
  Carlin: Agent Carlin. Carlin. My name is Carlin, not Carly.
  卡林:卡林探员,卡林,我叫卡林,不是卡利。
  Jack: ④We had 3)protocols in place. There’s strict protocols. And then you had to push it, and now an agent’s dead.
  杰克:我们有行动准则的,而且是很严格的准则。你非要不按规矩行事,现在一个探员牺牲了。
  Paul: Sir, by one theory, that already happened.
  保罗:先生,理论上说这事情已经发生了。
  Jack: We’re done. Power it down. Pack it up. On to the next case.
  杰克:我们做的已经够了,放松精神,整理好档案,继续下一件案子吧。
  Carlin: What about Claire?
  卡林:那克莱尔怎么办?
  Jack: What...Look it, charging Oerstadt in the Kuchever murder is gonna raise too many questions about how we obtained the evidence.
  杰克:什么……要是按谋杀克莱尔·库切芙给奥斯达定罪,会牵扯到很多关于我们是如何获得证据的问题。
  Carlin: I understand that, sir, but what about Claire? Are we just gonna drop the case?
  卡林:我明白,先生,那克莱尔怎么办?我们就这么放弃这案子不管了?
  Jack: We got him on the ferry bombing, we got him on killing a federal agent. ⑤That’s enough to get him the needle.
  杰克:我们按渡轮爆炸案定他的罪,按杀死联邦探员定他的罪,那已经足够判他死罪的了。
  Carlin: I cannot accept that, sir.
  卡林:我不能接受你的说法,长官。
  Jack: Well, you know, ⑥I don’t give a rat’s ass what you can accept. She doesn’t matter.
  杰克:噢,好吧,我不管你是不是接受。她的事已经没什么意义了。
  Carlin: He’s gonna kill her. In 12 hours, he’s gonna kill her.
  卡林:他会杀了她的。12小时内他就会杀了她。
  Jack: He killed her four days ago. You were at the funeral. What’s wrong with you? It had to happen.
  杰克:4天前他就已经杀了她。你都去过她的葬礼了,你到底出了什么毛病?事情就是这样了。
  Paul: I delayed turning in my report till we caught the guy. Hey, mission accomplished. This is a victory, Doug. Now, my job is 4)closure. Your job is to help 5)facilitate
  that closure.
  保罗:直到抓到那家伙我才上交报告的。嘿,任务完成了,我们赢了,道格。现在我的工作就是结束这件事,你该干的就是促使它尽快结束。
  Carlin: Then you tell me, what do I tell her father?
  卡林:那你告诉我,我该怎么跟她的父亲说?
  Paul: We caught the son of a bitch. We can’t save the victims. It’s not our job to make the relatives feel better. We lose everything that we care about. Those are your words. Doug, it’s not your fault that Claire dies.
  保罗:我们逮住了那个罪犯,我们没法拯救受害者,抚慰受害者家属可不是我们的任务。我们所爱的人随时可能会离我们而去,这是你说过的。道格,克莱尔的死不是你的错。
  Carlin: Yeah, that’s one theory.
  卡林:是啊,理论上如此。

  Smart Sentences
  ① We’re shutting you down. 我们不需要你了。
  shut sb. down: keep sb. out of sth.(把某人排除在外)。例如:
  They’ve shut you down. That’s why you can’t access
  the system.
  他们把你排除在外了,所以你进不了这个系统。
  Suitable Occasions: oral, informal
  ② We need an air tight case. 我们要更严谨地看待这个案子。
  an air tight case: a very convincing case that has no apparent counterargument(一个没有漏洞的案子)。例如:
  After winning an apparent air tight case on labor issues, Ms. Karman was promoted.
  卡曼女士在赢了三个看起来毫无破绽的案子后,得到了晋升。
  Similar Expression: a solid case
  Suitable Occasions:: oral, formal & informal
  ③ You took it a little further than that. 你做得有点过头了。
  take sth. a little further: do more than necessary or expected(比期望的做得多)。例如:
  Kathy takes things a little further every time to make sure things are error free.
  凯西每次都会多做一点,以确保不出错。
  Suitable Occasions: oral, informal
  ④ We had protocols in place. 我们有行动准则的。
  in place: sth. is working or able to be used(实施中的,可以利用的)。例如:
  The new hiring policy is in place.
  现正实施新的雇佣政策。
  Suitable Occasions: oral, formal & informal
  ⑤ That’s enough to get him the needle. 那已经足够判他死罪的了。
  get sb. the needle: get sb. a death penalty(导致某人被判死刑)。例如:
  Getting him the needle isn’t the best solution.
  判他死刑并不是最佳的解决办法。
  Suitable Occasions: oral, informal
  ⑥ I don’t give a rat’s ass what you can accept. 我不管你是不是接受。
  I don’t give a rat’s ass: I don’t care at all(我丝毫不关心)。例如:
  I don’t give a rat’s ass where you go. Just give me back the car by six.
  我根本不想知道你去哪里,六点前把车还给我就行。
  Suitable Occasions: oral, informal
  
  Know More :什么是“Déjà Vu”?
   “Déjà Vu”源于法文,中文翻译为“即视感”,是在美国颇为流行的法语词,其意思相当于中文当中的“似曾相识”,指的是人们在经历过一段场景之后,会突然觉得自己曾经在某个地方、某个时段经历过相同的场景,而且印象深刻;或者明明是第一次到某地,却觉得自己好像已经到过这个地方、感觉非常熟悉等等,这是一种很多人都遇到过的心理现象。

回到顶部