Exercise 1-4: Sentence Intonation Test CD 1 Track 11
Pause the CD and underline or highlight the words that you think should be stressed. Check Answer Key, beginning on page 193.
1. Sam sees Bill. 11. He sees him.
2. She wants one. 12. Mary wants a car.
3. Betty likes English. 13. She likes it.
4. They play with them. 14. They eat some.
5. Children play with toys. 15. Len and Joe eat some pizza.
6. Bob and I call you and Bill. 16. We call you.
1. You and Bill read the news. 17. You read it.
8. It tells one. 18. The news tells a story.
9. Bernard works in a restaurant. 19. Mark lived in France.
10. He works in one. 20. He lived there.