您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 在线教程 >> 新概念英语在线学习 >> 新概念英语第二册 >> 正文

Lesson 60 The future卜算未来

Lesson 60 The future卜算未来

    First listen and then answer the question.
    听录音,然后回答以下问题。
    Does what Madam Bellinsky said come true?

    At a village fair, I decided to visit a fortune-teller called Madam Bellinsky. I went into her tent and she told me to sit down. After I had given her some money, she looked into a crystal ball and said: 'A relation of yours is coming to see you. She will be arriving this evening and intends to stay for a few days. The moment you leave this tent, you will get a big surprise. A woman you know well will rush towards you. She will speak to you and then she will lead you away from this place. That is all.'
    As soon as I went outside, I forgot all about Madam Bellinsky because my wife hurried towards me. 'Where have you been hiding?' she asked impatiently. 'Your sister will be here in less than an hour and we must be at the station to meet her. We are late already.' As she walked away, I followed her out of the fair.

New words and expressions 生词和短语

future  n. 未来,前途
fair  n. 集市
fortune-teller  n. 算命人
crystal  n. 水晶
relation  n. 亲属
impatiently  adv. 不耐烦地

参考译文

627. At a village fair, I decided to visit a fortune-teller called Madam Bellinsky.
        在一个乡村集市上,我决定去拜访一位称作别林斯夫人的算命人。
628. I went into her tent and she told me to sit down.
        我走进她的帐篷,她叫我坐下。
629. After I had given her some money, she looked into a crystal ball and said:
        我给了她一些钱后,她便查看着一个水晶球说道:
630. A relation of yours is coming to see you.
        “您的一个亲戚就要来看您了。
631. She will be arriving this evening and intends to stay for a few days.
        她将于今天傍晚到达,并准备住上几天。
632. The moment you leave this tent, you will get a big surprise.
        您一走出这个帐篷,就会大吃一惊。
633. A woman you know well will rush towards you.
        一位您很熟悉的女人将向您冲来。
634. She will speak to you and then she will lead you away from this place. That is all.
        她会对您说点什么,然后带您离开这个地方。就是这些。”
635. As soon as I went outside, I forgot all about Madam Bellinsky because my wife hurried towards me.
        我一走出帐篷,就把别林斯基夫人给算卦的事忘得一干二净了,因为我的妻子正匆匆向我跑来。
636. 'Where have you been hiding?' she asked impatiently.
        “你躲到哪儿去了?”她不耐烦地问,
637. Your sister will be here in less than an hour and we must be at the station to meet her.
        “再有不到一个小时你姐姐就要到这儿了,我们得去车站接她。
638. We are late already.
        现在就已经晚了。”
639. As she walked away, I followed her out of the fair.
        当她走开时,我也跟着她出了集市。

回到顶部